Saturday, June 10, 2006

LPGA Here I Come!

Ok, well maybe that's a high expectation. I did fairly well in my tournament. The first day was a two person four-ball match which means I had a partner and we played against two other girls. We each played our own ball and took the best score against their best score and kept score like match play. If you know golf, you'll understand what I'm talking about. If not, what I just explained will probably be clear as mud. Anyways, my partner and I won 2 & 1 (1 point)the first day. The next day we had singles matches. I played against a Colorado Women's Golf Association Hall of Famer and ended up all square (1/2 a point) in our match. I should have beat her since I was up 4 after 9 holes but she got into my head a little bit on the last few holes. Anyways, I had a great time. It was SO HOT though where we were playing. Driving back from Denver, I looked at the temperature on the dashboard and it said 102! Stupid hot for this reformed mountain girl. We also had about a two club wind all day the last day. BRUTAL! The girls on my team were awesome! The were super nice and really good players...just like me! :) Our results were in the Denver Post which was cool because when I got back to work a bunch of the members knew about it. So anyways, I'm getting a short lesson this afternoon to see if there is something I can do to hit my irons just a little bit longer. I kill my driver in most cases but I hit my irons about a club shorter than the girls I was playing with. That's unsatisfactory in my book if I'm going to keep playing competitively this summer, which I do plan on playing in some more tournaments. I'll keep you posted...

3 comments:

Coign said...

Just a short comment in your comments this time because I write to much.

Congrats on doing well in the tourney.

Scott said...

Congrats and glad that you had a good time. Hope that the issue with the Irons gets worked out. I am the other way around... I hit my woods shorter than most people but my Irons longer than most... weird.

Scott

Ian Davis said...

That is AWESOME Jenn!
I hit my first 2 pars the other day and they were back to back! I hit a 46 on 9 holes. I was so happy. Now I know it is nothing to your score but I was proud.
Really though, good luck with your tourney success and I will pray for you. Then I can tell everyone "Hey! I read her blogs." :)

ciao,

Ian