Monday, January 16, 2006

My Boss

One of the things I like about having a blog is that I can write things about people who I know will never read my bloog. The youngster is one of them and my boss is another. I won't make this a long rant but I need to vent.

I love my boss. She's a pretty cool chic. She just turned thirty so we are about the same age. She's worked at the hotel now for 7 years. This is her first year as a manager...and clearly, she's not manager material. First of all, she won't train anyone but gets frustrated when people do stuff the wrong way. My theory? You better train your ass off so people know how to do their job so it takes pressure off of your shoulders. Second, she's negative about most things. I've always been of the mind that if you're positive about things, life will be much easier and less stressful. Last thing, she's really judgemental. Even though she smokes pot every day after work, I get the condescending look if I even mention that I've gone out and had a few drinks.

We both have the same background: only children, born in FL, raised in the Midwest. But she went through her wild streak before I did (try drinking and smoking at 15) and she never went to college. I guess I'm lucky that this is my winter job and that I don't have base the rest off my life on a dead end front desk job. Ok, I'm done : )

No comments: