Friday, April 21, 2006

Few Things Surprise Me

So I'm sitting in Panera Bread, a chain coffee/bagel shop in Springfield, Missouri. I dropped my mom off at her work so I could use her car today. I LOVE BEING ON VACATION! I don't think I've driven a car in about 2 months but it all comes back to you. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 17, which was probably a good thing. I've only had three tickets in those 13 years but I've had three accidents too (apart from the tickets). Believe it or not, none of those accidents I was ticketed for.

The purpose of the title of this entry is to explain what HAS surprised me recently. First, I'm not a big American Idol watcher but when I flipped to it the other night and saw that Ace Young got the boot, I was shocked! This kid is so good looking (LOVE THE HAIR!), fairly talented and humble, all the things that you would think America would want, especially us girls. Who knows, maybe if I did watch, I could have voted and kept him on with one vote. Yeah, right!

The next thing that surprises me is the trust of some people. I got a new cellphone the other day, finally, and as I was standing in the Sprint store with my mom and had a lady come up to me and tell me how much she loved my hair color. My hair is 3 inches past my shoulders, cut in layers, fairly straight and a rich dark chocolate cherry color. Yeah, it's not natural, I told her. She preceded to rave where the whole store could hear her telling me over and over how pretty it was and how pretty it made me look, blah blah blah. I actually got embarassed! Me, blushing! That doesn't happen too often. Then she told me to take a picture of my hair with my new cellphone and send it to her email! Come on lady, I could be the biggest virus hacker in the world and you're giving me your email address? I didn't do it of course because I don't want my email address all over the place but I politely took her address and said I would. Unbelievable!

Lastly, I got an email this morning from someone who reads my blog. The individual who reads this will know who I'm talking about but I'm not going to give him away. I was surprised how genuine he sounded in his email about himself, his beliefs and how he expressed them in the email. I was impressed. By reading his blog, I would think he's one of the many self-centered, good-looking, egotistcal, womanizing guys by the stuff he writes. But he kinda showed a different side and some good depth to his character. Again, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. So, like I said, few things surprise me, but I love it when it happens.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!
I watch AI and Ace was really out of his league. There are about 3 or 4 ppl that could take it and he was not even close to them. ALSO the more you watch him the less attractive he becomes. Its strange.

:)
Talk to you later toots!

Anonymous said...

AND I LOVE PANERA BREAD

sorry if im shouting but its like one of my favorite lunch spots

Big Ben said...

When I read good looking womanizer, I thought you were talking abot me! Send me that hair picture.