Saturday, April 22, 2006

What Was Jessica Thinking?

Being here visiting my parents is a real eye opener about how relationships should be. My parents have been married for 31 years this month and are best friends. They bike together, hunt together, fish together, go to church etc. They have been such a great example for me over the years growing up as an only child to see how a man should treat a woman and how a wife should love her husband. I have never been one to dream of getting married, to have the big wedding, have kids, buy a house etc. But when I look at their life, I would really love to have someone to be my best friend and to share a life with eventually.

I'm watching the show "What's Left of Me" that focuses on Nick Lachey and his upcoming album and recent divorce from Jessica Simpson. Yeah, I got sucked into watching "Newlyweds" on MTV. I never liked Jessica until that time because watching that show revealed her as a real person, a naive innocent girl who wants attention from her gorgeous, football obsessed husband (not that there's ANYTHING wrong with that). God knows if I ever get married, my husband better like football and appreciate my love for it too. But, to see the hurt behind Nick's eyes when he talks about her and losing her, is heartbreaking. They seemed like a great couple and I'm not sure she will be able to find someone who will put up with her antics or demands. As far as I'm concerned, they were a perfect couple and should have tried to work it out. But alas, Nick Lachey is single, but who would want the damaged goods?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I'm sure he'll be ok. I'm sure you will be too....you just need more Mexican car salesman commercials and you'll be on your way Slop :)

yrautca said...

damaged goods? Thats cruel! why doesnt some girl try and save him from hismself, be his rebound, then get dumped? any volnuteers?

nice blog btw.