Tuesday, July 07, 2009

R.I.P MJ 1958-2009

As I sit weeping to John Mayer plucking "Human Nature" at Michael Jackson's memorial service, I cry because we have lost a unique genious. I remember my dad telling me, I can't remember if it was at the outset of "Thriller" or "Bad", but he told me I was witnessing history in the making. And through all the allegations, strife, rumors and character crumbling tabloids, deep down we all know that WE DID witness history. I spoke to my dad on the phone tonight and he made some sort of pedophilia reference and I was shocked! Here is the man that 20 years ago told me I was in the midst of someone I can only compare to the Beatles of his era and he's reciting horrible rhetoric about someone who was acquitted of ANY wrongdoings. He later apologized as I reminded him of these things. Thank God none of us are under the ever scrutinizing, disgustingly twisting eye of the media. I guarantee there are things in ALL OUR LIVES that if manipulated by the blood sucking media, would look terribly criminal and horrendously heinous. Let us all try to focus on the genius of one of, if not the greatest, entertainer of our generation. Michael Jackson will always be remembered, never forgotten or duplicated. He was a great humanitarian, musician, entertainer, dancer and lover of all.

ILYMJ
by Jennifer Buynak

May you all love
Instead of hate
Care for those less
Hold their hand
Always remember
Everlasting childhood
Lasting hope

Just in time
Attributes of hope
Come and be joyful
Know we can change
So many with peace
Only seek
Never condemn

You will be greatly missed, Michael. You are on that cresent moon, smiling down....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems to not be a popular opinion, and I do not know for sure either way, but I do not believe that MJ was guilty of those things. Some people just dearly love children, and in our society for a man to dearly love children raises red flags. MJ never grew up. He lived in a fantasy world and never saw the reality of life that you and I know. All around him were people who wanted something from him. I'm sure he had trouble truly knowing that any adult was really his friend, with the exception of a few. Not with kids though. Kids are pure and honest and I can see how that was a major pull for him in his circumstances. I don't share this opinion much openly because I am not one who wants to fight with people to prove my side or sway them, but I thought you sounded like you might share my opinion. By the way, Holy crap you live in Vail!!!!! :-)