Monday, March 20, 2006

Cellphones...Can't Live With 'Em, Can't Live Without "Em

So John lost his cellphone today, you know the guy who I've been talking to for the past month in a half from NY. It's probably for the best because he's going on a cruise in a week and I won't be able to talk to him for 10 days anyways. But it leads me to the question, what would we do without cellphones? I know I feel naked without mine, a little unsafe and totally disconnected. And I love having caller ID with every call, because you can choose to answer or not. I love it! But, we as Americans are so spoiled in having our cellphones to call or text and blackberries to be able to get emails or text messages or even our social calendar. All I know is that I'm sad when I can't hear someone's voice or thinking that I may be missing out on something. Anyways, knock on wood, I've only lost one cellphone and was able to replace it in a heartbeat. So, I guess I will have to settle on emailing John and hear from him when he gets back from the cruise. So sad...

*To Mike and Aubrey: Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
**To my friend Cliff who passed away a year ago today: Four bowls, four beers, four shots and four bars.

No comments: