Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bus Etiquette

After about a month (yeah, mom and dad, it's been a month) of riding the bus, I've realized that there is a protocol and etiquette to taking public transportation. Listed below are a few of these observations and etiquette tips to fellow bus riders.

1) Always be early for the bus. It more than likely will be late but if you're late, it won't wait for you. Don't worry, I haven't found this out the hard way. I'm ALWAYS 5 minutes early.

2) Make sure you pull the stop request cord if you need to get off at the next stop. It helps the bus driver be efficient in stopping and helps the whole bus from coming to a jerking stop unexpectedly.

3) Don't talk on your cellphone on the bus. This is the most annoying thing ever! Just today, I couldn't turn my music up loud enough to drown out a woman talking to one of her guys friends who apparently has a dead end job. God, that was the most annoying, agonizing 5 minutes of my life. You should have seen the looks I was giving her that she was oblivious to.

4) Don't talk to the bus driver while he's driving. He's got important cargo, namely me, that he needs to guide the 15 ton vehicle you're riding in. He doesn't want to know that you just got a new job or whatever you think is important.

5) If you sit in the front of the bus, it's gonna be cold; sit in the back, you'll be sandwhiched in between smelly Mexicans. Not being prejudice at all, that's just the way it is. It's funny though, the bus is like a school bus, the boys sit in the back and the girls sit in the front, it never fails.

There they are, a few helpful tips for when you guys ever have to take public transportation. Just sit back, enjoy the lack of road rage, cruise to your music and love the ride. That's my outlook :)

*To my friend John: Sorry you got fired babe :( Everything happens for a reason!
**To my friend Mike D.: I miss you!
***To my roommate Kim: Have fun in the Dominican Republic! See you in two weeks!
****In memory of my friend Cliff who passed away this time last year: I love you and will never forget you!!

No comments: