Wednesday, November 30, 2005

MTV in Vail???

So supposedly the MTV Network is filming some new reality show with Vail Resorts onVail Mountain. At least this is what I've heard. For those of you who are not familiar with Vail Resorts, it's the winter snow version of Disney, the corporate side. Anyone who wants to read about the development of Vail Resorts should read Powder Burn. Not sure who the author is but it tells a lot about the how the town started and has turned into a corporate (or so it looks that way) monster. But anyway, back to MTV on the mountain. Not sure if I would stick around if MTV was actually in Vail Village. The last thing I want to do is see myself on TV hanging out with a bunch of my friends in the background of the show looking like a gaper. Gaper (pronounced like ape-r with a guh sound) is a word that I learned from my good friend Dennis. He uses it to describe numerous silly looking people (or tourists) who think that fur hats or their blue fag bag one-zy is the latest mountain fashion. "Hey GAPER, take your goggles off when your not skiing and please rub the sunscreen all the way in on your face."

No comments: