Saturday, February 04, 2006

Have I Sold Out?


So I broke down and bought the new INXS CD, Switch, today. First of all, I used to buy CD's all the time when I was younger. Then when I got a laptop a few years ago, I'm ashamed to say that I used to scam music from Kazaa. That eventually turned my computer into a virus riddled mess and it was probably a good thing that I spilled wine on it last year and ruined it. So with this new laptop, I vowed to never download music from the internet again and go back to buying CD's. The reason I used to buy CD's is because I knew if I liked at least one song on the album, I would probably like most of the CD.

That theory is true with this INXS CD. The song "Pretty Vegas" is the track that gets the radio play and MTV time right now. The rest of the album is pretty good. But I wrestled getting the CD because of the way INXS got their lead singer. In 1997, the former lead singer, Michael Hutchence, committed suicide. Until 2005, the band did not have a front man. Last year, Fox's show Rockstar with David Navarro and the band of INXS did a reality show to find a new lead singer. I hate to admit it but I watched almost every episode. They ended up with JD Fortune as their front man. I wasn't a big fan of him at all in the show but I have to admit that he does a good job and I'm impressed that he helped write about half of the songs on the album. Anyways, some might say I'm a sell out but I'm just a fan of good music.

3 comments:

Big Ben said...

That JD Fortune guy is from Toronto, there have been several rumours that he has a very small penis. But hey now that he is a rock star he will get to use the little thing a lot. Like that lead track though!

Jennifer said...

Aren't all of you Canucks less endowed? : )

Big Ben said...

In comparison to me, yes.