Friday, February 03, 2006

New herbs, how I make my salad and my favorite music

My last post was about how I was feeling a little down and not knowing why. I figured it out. I hadn't taken my Vicodin for the day. Granted I only take one a day usually and that's only because I had back sugery in August and I still have a perscription for them. So I was looking online for some mood altering herbs and I think I may have found at least one: Passion Flower. Apparently, it's supposed to help you relax and put you in a good mood, so we'll see.

I try to eat a salad everyday. Not because I have to but because they are easy to bring to work and light on my tummy when I work at night. I take a bag of assorted greens that you can buy in the produce section, some crumbled Feta cheese, baby carrots, some sort of nuts (walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts), thinly sliced pepperoni (very yummy), crushed Ramen noodles and lite balsamic vinagarette. I hated salad when I was a kid but the way I make it now, I could eat it every night! Oh yeah, sometimes I will put drained canned chicken on it too.

Lately, I've been delving into some different music genres and I'm really digging what's called Trip Hop. It's a cross between trance, electronic, ambient and abstract beats. The recent CD's that I have bought are Boards of Canada and Thievery Corporation. It's chill music to listen to if you're surfing the net, sitting bored at work or my favorite, on a pill high* at work : ) Ok, I don't get high at work but I can imagine, right : )

*or smoking pot, trying to go to sleep, making out with significant other etc.

**by the way, the picture of Colin Farrell is just for my enjoyment : )

2 comments:

The Errant Cook said...

Since you're digging on Boards of Canada and Thievery Corp., check out a CD by a group called Omni Trio - the album is called "Haunted Science." It's a perfect chill disc. I found it in a used CD store several years ago, and it's still great.

Here's a link to it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000005VT2/sr=1-4/qid=1139240655/ref=pd_bbs_4/103-1082697-0744629?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Christopher! Yeah, I love that music! Boards of Canada is pretty chill music but sometimes it gets pretty trippy...