Monday, January 30, 2006

Does Everything Happen for a Reason??

So this trip to Florida has been planned for a few months and the anticipation was ridiculous to be able to hang out with my guy friend, NY Mike. My last post was the other night while he was passed out and I couldn't go to sleep. The next morning we woke up fairly early ready to start the day and he saw that he had missed a phone call from his mom. He called her and found out that his dad had a heart attack the night before. He had to leave immediately and I have not heard from him yet. Our villa was already paid for and so was my flight and ironically my dad's family are all in Orlando so I got to visit with them all weekend. But that leads me to the question, does everything happen for a reason?? What was the reason? It just doesn't make sense to me. I don't even know how I could survive if something like that had happened to my dad and I can't imagine what Mike is going through. If you believe in a higher power then you have to know that everything is predestined and there is a strange plan woven through our lives as we knock shoulders with eachother. I don't get it, what was the reason?? Anyway, my heart goes out to Mike and his family and I hope and pray that everything is OK.

No comments: